YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 28, 2014

Galaxy Nails

Gave a go at Galaxy nail art! Definitely a lot of fun. It was quite difficult to create realistic looking galaxies, but I'm really in love with how it came out. I took a makeup sponge, which I grabbed with tweezers and ripped fingernail sized pieces off of. Dripped polish onto a piece of paper, sponged it up, and applied color with a sponge over a black (Sinful Colors Black on Black) basecoat.

On the thumb, pointer, and middle finger, I used Essies' Aruba Blue, topped with Zoya's Charisma, with a thin layer of Essie's metallic Blue Rhapsody (I did one more layer of Charisma and Aruba Blue since Blue Rhapsody is very overpowering/to add dimension). On top of that, I added a thin layer of Model's Own Indian Ocean, and used Essie's Set in Stones for the star effect.

On the ring finger and pinkie finger, I started with Essie's Aruba Blue, but topped it with a layer of Blue Rhapsody, and added China Glaze's Rare and Radient on top of that. I sponged Indian Ocean on top of that, and used Essie's Set in Stones for the star effect. 

The supply kit...

I thought using a duo-tone color like China Glaze's Rare and Radiant (from the Bohemian Collection) was a really fun choice for galazy nails, since it delivers such a dimensional effect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment