YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 24, 2012

Finally DIY'd my own Foam Board Rack!

Finally got around to making a nail polish shelf last week. I was so sick of my babies smashing each other in my night stand drawer! 

Anywho, I followed this video but unfortunately didn't go to a dollar store like this lacquerista suggested because I don't live near one! The project costed me about $30 USD . It should've costed $15-$20 but I kept fucking up and buying, for example, the wrong size glue sticks, etc. because I'm new to this "crafty" thing! All made from foam board and a shit ton of hot glue. The decoration on the shelves are a couple different types of ribbons glued on!


Words of advice: if you follow this video, but don't watch all of it before going and buying supplies, you'll need



  • 3 20x30 foam boards (run from about 2-5 USD, depending on if you get plain white or pretty/colored boards). I thought I only needed 2 and had to run out mid-craft to grab another. It was annoying.
  • Hot glue and an hot glue gun. Lots of hot glue. Obviously, this rack will be holding up lots of nail polish that cannot fall. Glue the fuck out of it. I used, like, 15 mini glue sticks.
  • Yardstick
  • Pencil
  • Exacto knife or cutting board
I also purchased some fun ribbons to hot glue to the front of the shelves for a little extra flair. 

Be wary, though: Even after all of the hot glue I used to create my rack, and all 5 nails I used to nail it into the wall, I am not 100% comfortable with how sturdy it turned out. My nail polishes have been fine for about a week and I've been assured I have nothing to worry about, but I just can't wait for my wooden rack. Remember: lots of glue!

I will soon be enlisting my wonderful boyfriend to help me make a wooden nail polish rack. I will be sure to post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment